Read Mark Pierson’s “The Art of Curating Worship” and briefly answer the following questions.
- I read the whole book. (yes or no)
- Pick one quote from the book that really stood out to you or impacted you.
- In what ways is curating worship a shift or change from what a typical church might call ‘leading worship’?
- How might the idea of curating worship affect how you would plan a service? (ie. song choices, visual choices, lighting, etc.)
- If you had a willing congregation and a blank slate – what is one creative idea you have for how you could creatively help people encounter God?
The following questions will be discussed in class.
- What connection do you see between time spent preparing and potential impact on the people who attend.
- Is there a danger in curating worship that participants will become ‘consumers’? Why or why not?
- In what ways could we as a church do better and emphasizing community and participation?