I recently created this video for MennoMedia for their Claiming Faith Youth curriculum. (See more here) The video features April Yamasaki the author of ‘Sacred Pauses‘ – a book about spiritual disciplines.
This video might work well if you’re looking for a discussion starter for your youth group or a video to encourage youth to find new and creative ways to connect with God. Here’s a few questions that might work following the video.
- What comes to mind when you hear the word Spiritual Disciplines?
- What is the significance of calling this spiritual practices instead of spiritual disciplines?
- In what ways do we associate guilt or shame with spiritual disciplines? Why do we do that?
- What is the single biggest challenge to doing spiritual practices?
- What is one spiritual practice you have tried before that has resulted in a positive experience?
- What is a spiritual practice you are interested in trying out?